Tomatsu House was a merchant house located in central Nagoya. Oil was sold there until the latter half of the Meiji period (1868-1912). Then it served as a bank until the beginning of the Showa period (1926-1989).

This merchant house has been enlarged and renovated several times, with the current structure completed in 1901. A tearoom was installed on the second floor, offering a glimpse into the interests of the city’s merchants.

Photos: 

Loading
Housing Newsletter Tracker